Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 99 : Menaka Bharathidasan




Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?




Hi I am Menaka Bharathi, I am a positive thinker and believe me I have always known what life has in store for me. To me life although is not a bouquet of roses, its each thorn has been a molding platform. I have crossed many roads of life that had been happy, sad, funny, stupid, horrific and sometimes boring too and in all these roads I have learnt a lot of things. 


 This knowledge is what I share in my Simple Indian Mom. SImple Indian Mom is a blog that has everything a woman (mother, sister or daughter) would want to know.


My Simple Indian Mom or SIM as I call her is my  dream child, I love her and cherish her to the core. I had built her up from nothing and am happy with her growth. I believe that she would be someone great as time goes.


Today I am the most content woman in the world with the happiest family. My husband is a very romantic,devoted and sincere person, whom I love with all my heart. My two boys are ones you would never want to miss spending time with.



Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why? 



I blog anytime I am free, however to get a total of two to three hours of free time is something like an  Himalayan  task fro me. I basically am a person who likes to help other people, and because I am in a position to help other I do it with all my heart. Between my  job, studies, my husband and children and the people around me whom I help, I find time to blog and SIM has been a driving force for me since the time I began.


I actually used to have a lot of time that were spent idle at home and at that time I turned my attention to content writing. Some good people began giving me writing job from whom I began learning the hows and whats. although content writing (which was in almost every niche) and SEO writing brought confidence in me, I was not feeling content. there was something I was always in search of. I began some blogspot blogs, wordpress blogs and so on. I tried new things a lot of time and finally settled with SIM. 



 If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?



This is one question I used to pester my blogger friends with - give me a suggestion, an this is what I learnt-


Blogging is not something that would sprout like mushroom in a day or week or even months, you have to wait for long long times to reap the fruit out of it. 

consistency, hard work and a plan of what actually you want from you blog would only lead you to your success.


always help others with your work and just keep going, reciprocation would find its way to you.


Well, its this simple - do your duty with passion and let the rest to almighty, god or nature whatever you believe in.



How do you build a community around a blog and social media? 



Well, I would  suggest  being active in social media, forums, commenting in other blogs and replying to the comments on your blog. however I a weak one at this because, again, due to want of time. Interacting with other bloggers is of utmost help,  especially  when it comes to widening your readership. I have had great  friends  who have supported me and showed me the right path.




What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?



I like Rajkumar's Dream Health, Rahul's Desire v/s destiny, Damaynti's Daily Writes and Debajyotis Some Facts and SOme Nonsense. These blogs are different in their own ways. people writing these blogs seem very professional and make one feel blogging is something serious.



Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 



I would not be able to give just one, well, the all in one seo plugin is one that seems to have gained a lot specific and serious readers for me.
















Post a Comment

0 Comments