Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 36: Megha Arora





1.Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
My name is Megha Arora and I am an english hons graduate. i have worked as a travel & lifestyle correspondent with a publication house; a wedding planner; and a copy writer with Archies. currently i am a freelance content writer. you can see I have been a typical jill of all trades. but during all these changes, one thing remain constant and that is my love for writing. i think it is the one thing i know I am good at. Last year, i got married and landed up in Kovalam. it was during that time that i started actively working on my blog. it was and still is a space where I write about what i feel and what i think. it is a medium through which i try to reach to like-minded people. it is an outlet for my creativity where i open up to one and all... there is a line on my blog that completely defines me, it goes something like - I write for a living, I write as a hobby... I write to let go, I write to hold on... I write... 

2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
I can't say I am a full time bloger but i do try and update it once a week. i started the blog as an anonymous one and used it more or less like a personal diary but slowly i wanted more. i realized that people are not interested in reading the mundane nitty gritties of the life of an anonymous girl who they dont even know. so i deleted the old entries and started fresh. at first because of work pressure, i couldnt devote it much time but then last year i got married and moved to kerala. i was staying in th einteriors and couldnt get a job that interested me. so, i turned to my first love - writing. i started working as a freelance content writer and had loads of time on my hands. it was then that i started updating my blog and found an outlet for myself. 

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
I would suggest three things
1. quality Content -  content is the king. if you dont have that, you have nothing. identify your strength and write according to that. dont try to ape anbody. if someone has a blog about fashion and its a great hit, you dont have to write about fashion also. write about what you know. 
2. devote time to it and the blogging world in general.  you cant start a blog and expect it to be a hit overnight. the more time you would devote on writing quality content. more hits you would get. also, the more time you would spend time in reading what other have writen would not only help you in your writing but would also encourage people to visit your blog as well.
3. comments - not only should you comment and encourage other bloggers but if someone comments on your blog, reply back. it adds a personal touch.

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

 you can only build a community around a blog only if it has quality content. identify your area of specialization and write about it. you can promote your blog on various social media. you can create a page on facebook and encourage people to join it. but to make your blog a hit is the content. if your content is not up to the mark you cant create anythng around it ;)  

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

translucid graffiti and life etc. - both of them seems like a window to the writer's mind. i love their writing style and the topics on which they choose to write.
another one that i like is Psyche's visage... it is an interesting blog that covers a vast array of topics. 

6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?

 I am sure there are much more important gadgest but the one that i like is instant reactions. it gives the readers to instantly tell you how they feel. did they liked it, they hated it... it's just a click so people generally respond well to it. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments