Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 37: Linda Makiej




1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
I am semi-retired from the medical field - I was a patient care supervisor for a medical office chain. I say semi-retired because I may go back to work soon! but int he meantime, I am having a great time with my camera - something I never had time for previously. 

2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
So, yes - right now I spend a lot of time blogging - trying to network and sell my work. I realize that a lot of people blog for other reasons, but mine is strictly photography.

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
I guess the best advice I could give is to have a theme or "reason" for your blog - people are more apt to read yours if you clearly state what it is about. 

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
Link your blog to everything else you do on the internet - Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and where there are gatherings of people interested in similar subjects! 

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
I follow mostly photography blogs - they are all very talented people who I draw inspiration from. 

6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 
I prefer Blogger and all Google products.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Well done.

    I too love everything Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Linda, and thank you Jidhu for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, so good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete