Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 66 : Ifra Khaliq







--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


I'm Ifra Khaliq from Lahore, Punjab. Though I'm a student of Business Administration, I'm more interested in drawing, sketching, writing, photography and social work. I'm the coordinator of Pakistan Sustainability Network and General Secretary of Pakistan Youth Literary society. I served as a mentor in My World, My choice, Lahore that was an effort of AIESEC. I blog at 'Tis my sanctuary (ifra-khaliq.blogspot.com) This blog is all about my interests. You'll find here some photographs, drawing and sketches apart from few writings.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  


No, I am not a full time blogger. I only write when I feel like writing. I started my blog in August 2011. I had always thought of blogging as something very difficult. That’s the reason I got into it. I actually made two blogs, the other being the Dead and Dumb (http://ifrakhaliq.blogspot.com/). It’s evident from the name that this blog is undergoing a period of hibernation.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few things I would suggest to a want to be blogger is to be interested in blogging. Without any interest neither you nor your blog is going anywhere. And the secret to get many followers is to follow and read other blogs. This is the one thing I don’t do but I would suggest it to everyone.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Facebook and Twitter. These two social sites are actually the leading source of traffic to my blog. And as  far as Facebook and twitter community is concerned, there are many like-minded people you can found there and even if your interests are not in common with some of your friends, they add a new dimension in your thinking and knowledge. These sites are a new way to globalize yourself. Most of the Indian friends that I have got in my friend list is due to blogger. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be very honest, I don’t read many blogs. But the one blog that I would like to mention here is Zebra Talk(http://zebra-talk.blogspot.com/) by Zeba. She writes so awesome and the reason I mentioned it and what makes it special form is that I can relate to her writings. Her vivid descriptions make you feel her writings as if it’s something you are experiencing yourself. So beautiful is her way of expressing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Okay, this one plugin would surely be Twitter button.

----------------------------- 


Post a Comment

0 Comments