Jidhu Jose Photography

My Experiences on Goal Setting



Last 10 years I am setting goals and I would like to share my experience here. 

I created a goals sheet by researching on the internet. There were several goals-related blogs available on the internet and from them, I created a structure for my goals sheet. Some goals I took directly from others and some from my thoughts. It's not an easy process to create a goals sheet. It will take lots of time. I am so flexible with my goals in terms of modifying them if need. 

All the goals I wrote in a google sheet and set targets for each goal. The benefit of Google Sheets is that we can set different formulas and we can easily analyze the progress. 

I created a Due column in the google sheet, where I can see the due target for each goal. So that I can focus on my due goals. 

Most of the people give up their goals after some days due to a lack of motivation. If we create goals that are so exciting and if we monitor them daily, we can be more active towards our goals. 

I Published my goals sheet to my blog and its available visible to the public. So my commitment to myself became visible to everyone and I couldn't stop my activities towards my goals. Also, the appreciation regarding the goals sheet increase my self-esteem and motivate me to achieve more.

I use different software to support my goals system. 

Todoist is one of my favorite among these. I brainstorm everything to my Todoist and there were several daily recurring tasks.

My Todoist is synced with my google sheet so that most of the entries to the goals sheet will be done automatically. It saves a lot of time.

Every night, I clear my Todoist either by rescheduling the pending tasks to the next day or completing the tasks which I have done.

To achieve more goals, we have to be more consistent. Consistency will fight against our lazy nature. 
Most of my goals are really simple ones, but I try to make them a lifestyle. 

I set a reward system for achieving my goals. For each percentage of achievement, I will assign a certain amount to spend for myself. 

Motivation is an important thing to move forward in anything. And the saddest thing is that one-time motivation is not enough to achieve a 365 days journey. Daily we have to be motivated and we have to find a routine to do that in a daily manner. 

For me, I am motivated daily by looking at my goals sheet and my achievements. Reading articles and books related to goals, listening to motivational audios and podcasts will give more motivation. 

Be always positive. 








Post a Comment

0 Comments