Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 14 : Rajlakshmi



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
I am Rajlakshmi, a blogger from Assam. I blog at
Destiny’s child(www.destinychildosheen.blogspot.com) and
Poetry wagon(www.thepoetrywagon.blogspot.com)
I have got three active blogs and most of the time I find myself shuttling between these three. Destiny’s Child is like a Live blog. A cut copy paste of my life. Although sometimes I venture into fiction writing, but I find the ‘mis’adventures in my life far more interesting than the fiction I come up with. {smiles}
Poetry Wagon is a collection of random verses and formed-poetry. My favourite form of poetry is shape poetry (calligrame). I absolutely adore this type [For more you can check here -http://thepoetrywagon.blogspot.com/2010/08/shape-poetry.html ]
2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
Even though I am not a full time blogger, all my time and thoughts are spent in and around blogging  (a hopeless case of bloggessive disorder :P)
I have completed 2 plus years of blogging and if you ask me why and how I started, I can only say – Just like that. But unlike initial days, over a period of time, the passion to write and read has tripled.
3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
Some basic things that needs to be kept in mind:
Be innovative with the topics
Double check grammar
Proof read the content
Don’t use SMS lingo if you are writing a fictional piece.
And never get disheartened if you are not receiving any comments. If your articles are good, you will definitely gain audience.
4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
I follow a huge number of blogs. There are times when I am not able to reply to the comments I receive, but I always make it point to read and comment on any update from other blogs.
5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
Since I read a lot of blogs, I cannot narrow down to three. Each writer has a unique style of writing that inspires and appeals me.
Sree, Sid, Vimmu for humour
Meghana , Kavita, Brian, Matt, Dustus for poetry
Nalini, Gautam for photography
6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Follow and Facebook



Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Great interview for the day! I look forward to visiting Rajlakshmis blog! Thanks, Jidhu for helping us learn more about fellow bloggers! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Rajalaxshmi!I have read and commented some of your poems too before...I saw that you design well too(shop-alcoholic)..nice knowing more about you here.

    ReplyDelete