Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 17: Robin Epstein




1)Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
I'm an American-born mom of two living in Central Israel. I blog at Around the Island and have an online etsy shop - Around the Island Photography. Both my blog and my etsy shop specialize in fine art and nature photography from around Israel and around the world. I've also developed a new fine art photography concept - custom Photoverse prints - where the customer combines my image with the verse of their choice. My blog is primarily a photoblog but I also include snippets and tidbits from my life here in Israel and my travels abroad.
2)Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
I'm not a full-time blogger, though I'd love to be one if I could do so. For now, I keep my blog ad-free, except for promoting my own online shop and that of other independent artists.

3)If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
Just do it. Blogging is incredibly fulfilling and can create a really strong sense of community. My blog friends are no less "real" to me than the friends who live around the corner.
4)How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
Comment, comment and then comment again. Be a part of the dialogue, and the community will build itself.

5)What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
Wow, this is a tough question, I read so many wonderful blogs. For awesome photography tips and free Photoshop actions I love The CoffeeShop Blog, for inspiration from an insanely talented group of women I love Female Photographers of Etsy (FPOE, I'm proud to be one of the members of this outstanding etsy team) and for comic relief I have to admit that I'm completely addicted to FAILBlog.

6)Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Start with a statcounter so you can see who's out there reading and how they got there.


Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Hey, that's me :).

    Thanks for the opportunity Jidhu, this was fun.

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Robin and Jidhu!! Always look forward to these on Fridays! Hope you both have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for interviewing Robin! I should look at those photography blogs.

    Yes, blogger friends are great - I've "met" so many people, and sometimes you connect in ways you can't always do in person, because you can share what's most precious and get warm responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin is an amazing photographer--and a fun member of the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answers, Robin. I agree totally about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful to see Robin featured here! I *adore* her photography and delight in seeing the world through her eyes.

    So glad you've interviewed her and shared a little of her blogging journey with us.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to see you interviewed here, Robin!

    ReplyDelete