Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 28: Katina (Write Girl)





1.Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
 I’m an aspiring writer and poet. My blog Write In Motion is the creative space I inhabit connecting me with the rest of the world. It has been an exciting journey I began two years ago. Moreover, I have loved every experience and every person I’ve had the pleasure of blogging with.

2. Are you a full time blogger?
After years of literary study, I ventured into the world of blogging. Currently, I do have a day job, but I spend my nights writing and catching up on other bloggers. I have dedicated my life to writing and hope to publish several books.

3. How did you get into blogging and why?
When launching a blog, one of the most important aspects is having a theme. There are endless topics you can choose from, but it is important to have continuous information and ideas to present. Also, blogging is a labor of love. It can take a while to cultivate an audience.

4. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
Social media networks like facebook and twitter make is easy to exchange your latest posts to your friends. It’s also good to join in on fun memes on more popular websites. Reach out to other bloggers and comment regularly. They will reciprocate your visit and check you out as well.

5. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
I have a pair of bloggers that have become close friends of mine: Kelly at My Voice, My View (http://myvoicemyview.blogspot.com/) and Regina at Kilauea Poetry (http://inthepacific.blogspot.com/). Both women possess unique and beautiful blogging voices. I’m also enamored by The Paris Apartment (http://parisapartment.wordpress.com/). I adore Parisian style and décor and this site is a treasure of everything French.

6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 
I’m a minimal plugin girl. Writing and photos paint the creative space for me

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. I wish you all the best. As an RN of 45 years who lost her forensic nursing job of 21 years in massive San Francisco budget cuts, blogging helped me keep my sanity. I've written poetry all my life and, at 65, I finally published my first poetry book and I've really enjoyed my year and a half of blogging. I do miss my nursing work, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katina,
    Namaskar!
    Good Afternoon!
    Nice to know your dreams and hopes..All the best for a bright future as a writer!
    God Bless You!
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, good luck with the professional writing! In the meantime, blogging is a great substitute - who knows, one day blogs will have the same status as publication!!!

    ReplyDelete