Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 48: Subhrashis Adhikari





1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
A geologist searching for OIL and a soul searching the meaning of LIFE...
KHOJ is about the later part...it is a journey through our minds and soul...it is a search to know our roots, to understand the meaning of our existence...it helps us understand the present and anticipate the future.


2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
I do not know how regular I have to be to be a full time blogger, I write whenever I feel like writing. Blogging isn't my first love, my wife is!
My second love is reading...about a wide variety of topics. More I read, more I realize that  know nothing, the more I realize how stupid I am...it a lovely feeling to know you are stupid...I blog because I want to share that feeling...


3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
- QUALITY: Easy to understand for layman...add a bit of humor...remember, you are not writing a scientific paper.
- COMMENT on OTHERS POSTS: good comments...not just 'superlike', 'beautiful', and 'loved it' 
- FREQUENCY of your BLOG: at least 6-8 a month
- Good DESIGN: should not be too heavy...nor too savvy


4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
Register to sites like indiblogger, networked blogs, make a page in facebook, promote your blog in all social networking sites...Do not fall in the trap of 'follow me and i will follow you'...try to find quality readers...


5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
A-Musing - "Little sweet, little tangy and very very spicy"
Aesthetic Blasphemy - "Beauty lies in knowing"
Food...thought for - If you belly rules your mind


6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 
WIBIYA [default ones like followers & post archives widgets are must]

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Good to know a lot about Subhrasis...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the points he mentioned in his suggestion for blogging.I know how exciting it is to find oneself stupid... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUB: I missed reading it earlier, so here I am...Well, nice FYI facts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buyer must pay within 40 days of receipt of goods, but will receive a 2% discount if paid in 15 days of the invoice date. (ROG is short for "Receipt of goods.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughtful blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete