Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 53: A N CHITRA




------------------------------------------------------
1) Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
------------------------------------------------------

As a little girl I always dreamt to become someone like Charles Dickens, Erich Segal or Sidney Sheldon whose books I loved reading to. I was shy and silent but never un ambitious or non dreamer.  Every day my dreams were different and wanted to become something new.  At ninth standard I started writing short innocent poems which I now feel stupid and meaningless but I remember my English teacher still who had given assignment to everyone in class to write down a poem and come to class. My dad always boosted my spirit those times to write what I felt. And with time my poems grew up as my passion for writing more and more. 
I am an affectionate daughter to my parents (always want to be), amazing wife to my husband (hope so) and a dedicated doctor.  Both my parents used to write when they were young and I believe the urge to write from my heart came to me from my blood.  The first blog I started was http://chitrayurveda.blogspot.com where in I wanted to pour down my ideas, and simultaneously I created another blog of my poems http://chitrakavana.blogspot.com which contains most of my poems since childhood.  Cooking has remained one of my best favorite things I like to do and I have been certified (except my hubby) to cook new and delicious all the time. And few of my friends have said me couple of times that I’m a good cook teacher and thus I had started to write some of my favorite south Indian recipes at http://cookuurway.blogspot.com and gave it a heading as Chitra’s Kitchen Paradise !!! (But u must be really daring to enter the paradise).
Life is chain of unwanted falls and unexpected rise and my blog http://worldsanotherside.blogspot.com contains my vision towards those unexpected twists and turns of life, where in I do write upon some experiences with my patients and their tragedy too.  My upcoming blog http://chitranavada.blogspot.com is still under construction.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted a place to save my poems and thus started blogging initially. It was my brother who had suggested and taught me during my first blog, but as days passed I loved blogging as could express my mind better than any other place. I always dreamt to become a writer and blogging was not intentional. I am not full time blogger but it has become a daily routine and important part of life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My suggestions would be write what you feel and keep updating regularly to make a place under this blog umbrella.  In order to get maximum visitors and readers advertise your blog in your social networking profiles and give your best to it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
4) How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I consider my blog as my child and I do everything to up bring it, may be in a little simple way or anything big.  Face book, Twitter and Indi blogger really helps in getting along with the bloggers.  I respect every reader of my blog who check in, or comments.  It’s a slow gradual process not at all hurry; we are not any celebrity that soon after we start a blog we get 500 followers and 100 comments.  Be a first patient reader to get read your blogs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every blog has its own beauty, and each one’s writing style is unique and I admire all in some or the other way. 

-------------------------------------------------------------
6) Which one plug in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-------------------------------------------------------------

It differs from person to person like how they prefer. And I personally am not that well experienced regarding plug in.

Post a Comment

1 Comments