Jidhu Jose Photography

Journal #30 : What changes does Minimalism bring in my life?




The beauty of minimalism is we can create our own rules to implement in our life that gives more peace and happiness. Owning more physical possessions and a cluttered mind will not give a peaceful life. 

When I was attracted to the Minimalism concept, I read lots of blogs and related books. The. I will create ideas of what I can do and how I can create my own rules. I found that I am an impulsive buyer and own lots of things which are not been used for a long time. Lots of duplicate items are there and most of the time I felt guilty after purchasing those items. 

I wrote a list of all the items I have and I categories them first. Then I put a target for the total of items that I have to keep. I remove the things which are damaged and some are kept in a bag for donation. 

I had lots of pens and diaries which are not used and just bought them as crazy. I stopped purchasing anything which is not needed and try to avoid purchasing things as I wants. 

I was attracted to offers from the stores where they are tempting me to buy with big reduction sales. I go for more quality products and keep a list of the items which are branded or high-quality items. In that list, I kept a lifetime period for each product and I found that the products from this list are long-lasting than the items I purchased on offers. 

Also, I arrange my shelves and wardrobes category-wise, so that each carry item will be kept in the same place. Also when I take one item, I will keep it back in the same place. 

I still didn’t reach the target of my Physical possession list. I have more items to reduce from it. As a thinker of sustainability, I don’t throw them away like that. I plan that to use them in their lifetime and don’t purchase anything just to show off. Only purchase anything if I don’t have that item. 

Minimalism saves me lots of money and increased my self-esteem. When we control our life to be minimal, our minds will be clutter-free. I wish everyone will try minimalism in their way. Create rules to your life that you can bring joy to your life. 


READ MORE FROM MY BLOG RELATED TO THIS TOPIC  : 




Post a Comment

0 Comments