Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 46 : Saru Singhal




1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
With my blog - Words, I am trying to bring the other side of me to people. I am a Finance and Law professional and generally these people are perceived as less romantic and boring. For my romantic and fun side, I am blogging. As I always say, with my Words, I want to touch people’s heart. For record - my blog has poems, articles and short stories.

2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
These days I am a full time blogger, though I do it for my passion for writing. I started my blog a month ago.  Actually, my friends are responsible for my blog. Whenever, they have to write something, they approach me for ideas.  So, one odd day, I thought to share my writings online. So, that’s how blogging started.

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
I would suggest only one thing- Passion. Publish anything about which you are passionate. People like to hear honest views. Also, if you are not passionate, you will get bored of it and run out of ideas. However, planning is required.  With planning you make fewer mistakes. 

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
I am still working on that as I am new in blogosphere. But, I guess lot of social networking websites and blogging websites are handy for building a community. It’s more of a reciprocal exercise.

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
1 My streets and My eyes – I love this blog as it has pictures from day to day life and few words capturing the essence of life.
2 Discovering Myself- It’s a nice, honest and simple blog, with words touching you deep inside.
3 Joshi Daniel - Though it’s a complete website but I admire his work; especially the rawness in the images.
  
6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 
It’s the best thing for a blogger- Follower.

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I like the simplicity and flow in her poems:)

    And on an unrelated note, may I say that I love your 101 in 1001 challenge, meaningful things, useful life:) Happy to see so many crossed out and good luck with the rest:)

    ReplyDelete