Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 5 :Swathi Pradeep




      1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

Hello World. I am Swathi Pradeep, a software Engineer[from India],currently pursuing MBA [in USA],a blogger,a cartoonist and a writer and a typical Sagittarian! :)

I maintain about 14 blogs ranging from my personal blog,comics,food,travel,photography,short stories,science and technology,books and movie reviews, etc.


2.Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

I jumped into this bandwagon on June 19th 2009 with my personal blog, “World from Swathi’s Eyes”[which is now moved to wordpress. com]. Later,I started exploring various arenas of blogging like food,travel,comics,photography,reviews etc.

I was a full time blogger till Aug 30th 2010,until my MBA started envying my free time.

Well,I had a dream of owning a website since ages. Being an extrovert,forthright,expressive person and a chatter box since birth,I love writing,expressing things,speaking my mind out(which has landed me in soup numerous times),discussing,sharing and expressing my viewpoint over various topics on current affairs.

Landing in USA,the gossip mongers or  tv soaps did not lure me and I wished to use my time constructively in doing something which I was passionate about.

I wanted to pen down my thoughts,viewpoints,experiences,emotions,my voice,my feelings and also meet people with same interests. I started blogging over things which fascinated me,interested me,kept me engrossed.

Blogging has indeed helped me undergo metamorphosis both personally and professionally. It enhanced my vocabulary,my writing skills,helped me to pour out and jot down my emotions in a subtle and better way. It broached me  to fellow bloggers with similar mind sets and interests.


3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

Life is a learning process. Everyday,we learn new things. Experiences teach us how to overcome shortcomings,make amendments and improvise ourselves. Since,I am also learning new things every day, I don’t wish to don the “advising” hat.

Also,there isn’t a single protocol which every blogger in this world should follow. Some blog in cryptic fashion,while others are forthright in their writings. All I can say is put your heart and soul into whatever you are passionate about and hard work does yield fruits! :)


4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

I reply to each and every comment on my blog to give my readers the "feel" that their words are “acknowledged” and “valued”.

I follow the bloggers on twitter,whose blogs/writings I love to read. Also, my facebook friend list comprises of more than 150 bloggers. :)


5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

Since, I neither favor,practice and preach “favoritism”, nor am I,an adherent follower of “diplomacy”, all I can say is “I regularly read all the blogs which I have blogrolled,followed and subscribed”. :)


6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?

There are various plugins available for various purposes. It all depends on your objective.

Post a Comment

0 Comments