Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 6 :Manjunath




1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

Hi i am Manjunath
I am a software engineer by profession and blogger by passion and i was born and live in namma bengaluru, and about blog header says it all i blog from technology science to mysteries and conspiracy theories as those are my interesting subjects and most of the articles i write in my blog are my real life experinces, some are fictions, some thoughts other debates, few how to's and so on. 


2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

No I am not a full time blogger,i created my first blogspot 4 years back just to save my frequently used sample code snippets and slowly started writing other things that was coming to my mind such as mysteryies and conspiracy topics and slowly my online source code snippet archive was turning into a weblog without my consent and i finally realized that i was virtually blogging though i was on blogspot before moved to my custom domain www.ceveni.com in 2008, now i blog on all my real life experiences from technology to my daily ramblings after all thats what the weblog has to be.

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

I am not a expert but yes i gained quite a lot of experince in my four years of blogging so i can suggest a few points, blogging is not another journalism and you do not need experirtise or good written english or communication skills to vent out your ideas, everything comes to you slowly through experince as you start blogging with number of posts increases and  time itself polishes you into a good blogger what ever you write be original, write what comes to your mind or the subject or field you are expert in, never try to copy content from another blog or website just to momentize, there are few people who just started blogging to make money but many loose interest in long run if the idea behind blogging is latter.

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

Good Question, i have seen many budding bloggers who expect fans and comments to their blog from the day one though it is natural human tendency, be patient it takes lot of time to get followers and regular readers to your blog when i started blogging i was getting 1 or 2 comments in a week but  now i get daily more than 20 comments, just penning ideas in your blog is not the great deal building community and reader ecosystem around it is important try to visit others blog read their posts write comments leave your link and try to socailaze as much as possible, participate in public forums, sponser some give aways if possible, and make more online friends in blogging community.

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

Three is too less, infact i love all the tonz of blogs i have bookmarked because each one has its own flavour, some blogs are good at technology writing, some are good at fictions and some are good at sharing real life experinces so its difficult to point out just three all the blogs i visit are special to me 

6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 

I dont use any, though many of my blog friends uses SEO and other kind of optimization plugins i always belive in "Content is the King". so write quality contents rest will be taken care by itself.






Post a Comment

1 Comments