Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 57 : Priyanka Dey



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am currently pursuing my M.A in History from the University of Delhi. My blog Priyanka's Neverland mainly consists of my poetry. I loved scribbling my thoughts since childhood.. I thus made the blog. Until recently, my blog had 7 followers. I started actively blogging since January, 2011 and since then, I now have 133 followers and over 15,199 views of my blog. I believe blogging is a passion everyone must have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Not a full-time blogger. I study and have a normal student's life.But when the writer within me, yearns for words, I come to my Neverland. :) I started my blog in 2007 but have been active only in 2011. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Having the passion to write is very crucial. Not only for yourself but you should have a want to showcase your work too. People who want and are happy to write for themselves should not really get into blogging.It is more like a public diary.You should be able to flaunt it.Showcase your best talent and aesthetics while choosing a template, the widgets.All you do, reflects tid bits about your personality, so make sure you don't mess it up! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
It is about interacting with like minded people. I started networking on facebook and I have so many blogger friends and friends who are interested in reading my work. Be it technology, music, fine arts, poetry , cooking or just about opinionated..We must know who our target audience is! Surfing other blogs and commenting is a very good habit, a blogger must keep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  1. http://jidhusnaps.blogspot.com- Love the photographs
             2. http://souravpandey.in - he writes very well
             3. http://iamexactlywhereiamsupposedtobe.blogspot.com   -doesn't stick to one theme or topic..makes it interesting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


I suggest you to have the "Random Posts" plugin because many a times, readers don't have the time to run through the archives.


Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Hello Priyanka ! What a simple straight forward and helpful interview. Nice to meet you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jidhu...It was a wonderful interview....I like your new background...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jyothi!
    Thank you! Hope to have a great interaction with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good, a new concept, blogger's interview. Enjoy blogging, following your never land, will come when I'll be inside my land or out of land. Good luck to the never land and the land lady of the land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are way more beautiful than those numbers can ever express :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sudam

    :)

    Hahaha, I feel like a land lady, really now! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sourav,

    It is very sweet of you to say so! Hope you do feel the same! :)

    <3 ju and your bark..oops..I mean..work!
    :D

    ReplyDelete