Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 56: Rose Cottrill





--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am a mother of two very active tots, a boy and a girl.  A stay-at-home-mom who love to  write just about anything.  I love singing although music don't like me that much hahaha.  Photography is one of my favorite past time.  You can pretty much tell what life is like with my family as you can see many photos  of our daily event in my blogs.  I am managing 7 blogs which urls are listed below:
http://www.meetourclan.com - Nostalgic Marveling
http://www.mycountryroads.com - Etcetera Etcetera
http://www.obstaclesandglories.com - Obstacles & Glories
http://www.spice-up-your-life.net - Spice Up Your Life
http://www.kids-e-connection.com - Kids e-Connection
http://www.theretiredsailor.com - Undershift! Change Colors.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Not really a full time blogger because I only squeeze my blogging time when my children  are sleeping or doing something or playing with their Dad.  A friend of mine  invited me to create a blog three years ago when I was bored to death during our first few months of being stationed overseas (South Korea).  I was hesitant at first but then I gave it a try, I am glad I did because I love it now.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I would suggest that  blogging is not only writing  what you want to write, you also have to think if it's going to affect other people, or if other people would be interested in reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
How do you build a community around a blog and social media?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  


Building a community around the blogland takes time.  You have to really  find interesting topics that would catch interest of your readers.  The more you keep your entries interesting, the  bigger chance your community grows. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one is a little bit tough as I have so many favorite blogs to read.  I favored family blogs because I am a Mom so I constantly seek for something that  would  make me better and responsible parent to my children.  I also love food blogs because I want to learn about different kinds of foods.  Lastly, I like blogs that caters about gardening as gardening is one of my favorite hobbies.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I can't suggest for plugins because I am not that very good when it comes to stuff like this.





Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Thanks for publishing this one Jidhu! I hope that your readers won't get bored to tears in reading my answers lol.

    ReplyDelete