Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 7 :Anupama Menon



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

I am Anupama Menon of Sincerely Yours!
I am simple, sensitive,straight forward,carefree,ignorant,kind,caring,loving and devoted.
Born to wonderful parents because of whom we five children are well settled in life.Brought up in an ancestoral tharavadu of a village near Guruvayoor-Kerala-India.Had a beautiful and memorable childhood.Our beloved ACHAN  is not with us now.Amma is my life,love and source of inspiration.
Reading and writing are my passions.Music fills me with extra energy.
Giving talks,counselling,singing,anchoring and spoken English classes make me happy.

--I   always wanted to share my silly n serious thoughts,feelings n experiences with you.they reach you straight from my heart.

I want to tell you the happenings,the people who touched my heart.my blog will be an outlet for my sincere thoughts.I hope I can unwind n connect with people I could relate to.
My profession makes me interact with different kinds of people.I share the wonderful experiences.
I am a proud Indain and I love introducing the various kinds of culture,traditions,religious beliefs,festivals and landsacpe to the rest of the world.
I want my friends and readers to remember and celebrate the important dates and events.So,I write about them.
Basically I am very emotional;hence many posts are about love and lost love.:)
At times my friends ask me to write about their experiences of lives.
God is Great and themes and topics flow to my mind.I  never plan or have a sort of draft with me;just sit at pc and transfer my feelings and thoughts to the readers through words.
The problem is I need someone who cares in the chat box while writing the posts.The tv will  be on and smoothly I write my posts.
I love giving messages/imparting values to my readers.


2. Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

I am not a full time blogger.But my dearies have started grumbling so recently.
I have completed one and half years in blogging.
Once I read a beautiful romantic post in the Malayalam magazine,Grihalakshmi written by the popular blogger of Malayalam,Manu of Brijviharam.''You wanna be my valentine?''
That was so beautiful  and the words impressed and influenced me to the core.It was so romantic and the feelings aroused are evergreen.:)
I used to write from school days and had won first prize in story writing competition in college.It was always my dream to become a popular writer.
But that post of Manu was the turning point in my life and I will be always grateful to him.
I love getting connected and I needed  an outlet for my overflowing emotions.
Blogging is my stress buzzer,a creative platform to reach my friends.

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

I encourage people who want to be bloggers.I instil confidence in them.I will suggest to start WRITING  in a simple way using simple words.Words should reach the HEARTS and for that we must be sincere.Read a lot and improve language  and style.Observe people and surroundings.We will get themes to write.Keep on saying,''I CAN''!START NOW!

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

Our posts do matter a lot.Readers are interested and I feel we must honour the comments by replying them.visiting fellow bloggers' sites and leaving comments make a difference.
We can follow the blogs of interest and encourage the writer leaving comments.
Positive suggestions can be given.
When words are from the heart,oral publicity spreads like fire.
Social media help a lot.The popular weekly of Malayalam,Mathrubhumi Weekly has started publishing the selected posts.

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

How can I just mention three?Why didn't you ask ten?
There are so many close to my heart.
Still there may be preferences.
http://brijviharam.blogspot.com[G.Manu]-Malayalam for its humour and the real life experiences,so touching and leaving an imprint for ever.
The beautiful post for a pet-Karletje-the cat.Simple and honest words and amazing humour sense.
Beautiful way of story narration arousing interest in the readers' minds and make the readers come back to read.
I know these bloggers from close corneres  and they are so humble and loving.
I reach out many blogs and  enjoy reading them.Each one is unique.It's a pleasure that I can relate so well.
The simple and silly matters are presented very well in  some.We learn a lot by reading and reaching more blogs.


6. Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have? 

Followers;Face Book;Twitter









Post a Comment

3 Comments