Jidhu Jose Photography

Blogger Interview # 22: Shalet Jimmy



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog?

I am Shalet Jimmy. I am from Thrissur, which is the cultural capital of Kerala and currently I am residing at Trivandrum. To talk about myself, I am a very straight forward person who is liberal in outlook, fun loving, amiable etc. etc.

It was while doing electronic journalism, I heard about blogging for the first time as we had to deal with Television, internet and radio. Initially, I had no clue how it worked, but in course of time I somehow managed though I am still a toddler.

I have mainly two blogs www.thedoveandtheraven.blogspot.com, where I write what I feel like writing. My second blog www.shaletrjimmy.blogspot.com was primarily made to showcase my works as a copy writer. But as I resigned the job, I transformed it into a blog where I talk about books and everything related with it.The third blog www.theviewsofanindian.blogspot.com is dormant for quite a long time. I will be working on it soon.

2.  Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?

I am not a full time blogger. I do blog when I am not working. As I said, I got into blogging while I was doing journalism. I wanted to write and there was nobody around me to guide. So I was looking for a platform to write and when I got it I grabbed the opportunity.Moreover, I really got intense support from the blogging fraternity that really helped me to go on with my writing through blogging. 

3. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?

When I started blogging I made a lot of mistakes. I was so ignorant that I would create a new blog for a new post. I took my time to get into the track.You may not know at the outset what to write and what interests you the most in reading as well as writing. So I had to work right from the beginning. I started reading all the blogs, gave comments. When you give a comment you are giving an opportunity to the blogger to read your blog.They comment on your post which is a major driving force to go on. I am fortunate that I get tremendous support from my followers. Last but not the least, keep writing, writing and writing. 

4. How do you build a community around a blog and social media?

As I already said,  I read all the blogs I follow and comment on their posts and also I reply back if someone commentrs on my posts. I have joined in www.bookblogs.ning.com and www.shelfari.com.

5. What are your three favorite blogs to read? What makes those blogs special?

Three? I have more....
I love each and every blogs I read. But I have a special  affinity towards








The list is endless.....

6.Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?

I am still a toddler in blogging and are really not aware of the technicalities. I've the “Followers”gadget....Hmm...I've just started sharing my posts with face book. 

Post a Comment

4 Comments